Looking to immerse yourself in architecture, design, and Limerick history?
Want to share your love for Limerick with others?
We are seeking expressions of interests to join our team of volunteers, who help make the OpenHouseLimerick weekend such an exciting event.
Volunteering offers you…
The opportunity to meet others who share your interest in architecture, design, history, and Limerick’s built environment; front-of-the-line access at all OpenHouseLimerick weekend sites that do not require advance reservations (just make sure you have your official volunteer t-shirt on and that it does not clash with your volunteering venue); and a limited-edition OpenHouseLimerick volunteer t-shirt and tote bag which identifies you as an official OHL volunteer.
When is OpenHouseLimerick?
6-8 October 2017
How do I register my interest?
Express your interest to volunteer for OpenHouseLimerick 2017 on Saturday or Sunday at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our volunteer coordinator will contact you to follow up on your expression of interest.
What is the time commitment to volunteer?
All OHL volunteers will:
• Attend a required orientation session before the OpenHouseLimerick weekend begins (approximately 1 hour)
• Complete one volunteer shift (average shift is three to four hours long) on Saturday 7 October or Sunday 8 October
What do volunteers do?
Volunteers work a minimum of one shift (3-4 hours) at our participating sites, and may help out with any of the following:
• Greeting visitors and asking them to complete the feedback cards
• Assisting with crowd control and directing visitors to certain areas
• Answering general questions about the site and about OpenHouseLimerick
• Managing lines
• Counting how many people visit the site during the shift
Can I volunteer with a friend?
On the registration form sent by the volunteer coordinator, you can indicate the name of a friend with whom you would like to volunteer, and we will do our best to place you together – just make sure you are available at the same times.
What happens at the volunteer orientation sessions?
At this orientation, you will:
• Receive your OpenHouseLimerick weekend site assignment
• Pick up your limited-edition volunteer t-shirt, which identifies you as an official volunteer and grants you front-of-the-line access to sites that do not require reservations throughout the weekend
• Meet your coordinator, OpenHouseLimerick committee and other volunteers
• Familiarise yourself with the festival, our volunteer policy and ask questions about the volunteer experience