Mount Saint Vincent

Mount Saint Vincent

Regular Tours

The convent was built in 1851, to the designs of John Neville, and forms the principal component within the large convent complex of Mount Saint Vincent’s. The structure epitomises nineteenth century institutional architecture with flourishes of Gothic Revival detailing to suggest its religious use, without distracting from the seriousness of the composition.

Conversion of former Convent buildings to new use as a Post Graduate & Research Centre for Mary Immaculate College as part of the John Henry Newman Campus.

John Henry Newman was the Nineteenth Century priest, Cardinal and now Blessed, and author of the seminal work ‘The Idea of the University’ and who preached a mission in St Michael’s Church in Limerick for the establishment of the Mount as an orphanage.