2pm, Sunday October 20th
1hr 30min walking tour by archaeologist John Elliott
FREE, All Welcome
Limited Disabled Access
Starting Point: Merchant’s Quay, at Council Offices Steps, V94 EH90
Historical Visionaries: Stories of well-known Limerick landmarks and hidden corners.
Discover the oldest parts of Limerick City in context with the contemporary environment.
Tour Highlights include:
• The 17th century Bishop’s Palace
• St Munchin’s church and graveyard – 5th century to the modern day.
• Villier’s Alms Houses – 19th century.
• Thomond Bridge (and toll-house) – 10th century to modern day.
• Experience the revitalisation of former derelict buildings along Nicholas Street - Treaty City Brewing and the St. Mary’s Men's Shed
• Overview of the story of St Mary’s Cathedral – 11th century to the modern day.
• Gaol Lane
• The Medieval Fireplace
• Extant remains of the City Wall
Limerick City's Resilience
7.30pm | Narrative 4 | 1hr talk
Open House Tours
St. Mary's Parish Men's Shed
10am–1pm | Nicholas Street | 1hr tours
Treaty City Brewery
4pm | Nicholas Street | 20min tour | Pre-Book only